How to Work on Flynet Viewer Issues
As Flynet Viewer is developed, maintained and enhanced by Inventu, we are an excellent source of support. We are a very close partner with Flynet--if you are a customer of Flynet, please contact them for first-line support. As part of our partnership, the Flynet Viewer Development Team
are active members of the both the Inventu Helpdesk system and the Flynet Support Ticket system and will participate directly on any issue requiring their attention. In addition, the Knowledgebase
is shared between the Flynet Online support system and the Inventu Helpdesk, so that both their direct customers and our customers in the Americas share common solutions.
Submitting a HelpDesk Ticket
First, if you haven't already, please read the Helpdesk guidelines
before submitting your first ticket.
The basic steps of submitting a Viewer HelpDesk Ticket include:
- Identify the EXACT version and build you have installed-this can be obtained on the main page of the Administrator's Application (upper right). If the service won't start, at least include the timestamp and size of the c:\program files\flynet\Viewer\bin\flyserver.exe file.
- Identify the type of problem - is is a scripting question or connection problem, for example?
- If you are seeing something "odd" in any of the product windows, use the "Print Screen" key to take a Snapshot of your screen, then paste into a Word document and attach the .doc file to the ticket (You may also want to use a screen capture utility like one available from Etrusoft which can produce smaller JPG files).
- Make sure that tracing is active which is a Service setting in the Admin Server Settings Page
- See the attachments table below for useful actions and files you may want to attach to the ticket--remember that any problems involving host protocol issues or scripts that don't work correctly will usually have the Support staff requesting you to send one or more of these files, so you can speed things up by attaching them
at the beginning!
||Action / File(s) to Upload
Cannot connect to host or something is wrong with screens in ScreenViewer or the Admin Emulation Window
Set Tracing on, attach both log files:
Screen Recorder not working
- Restart service with tracing active
- Use Screen Recorder up until the point of failure
- Take a screenshot of recorder (Print Screen Key, clipboard Paste into empty Word doc)
- Attach screenshot.doc and:
Screen recognition not working
- In your screen definitions file set DEBUG="YES" in the top level tag
- Set Tracing on and run your application
- In the Trace Viewer find the point of failure--the diagnostics from the debug="yes" may provide your answer...if not:
- Attach your screen definition XML file(s) and:
- In your ticket,
describe the screen that is not being properly
Mapper not working correctly
- Take a screenshot of relevant Mapper screen (if shows problem) (Print Screen Key, clipboard Paste into empty Word doc)
- Attach the screenshot .DOC file if created in step 1
- Attach your screen definition XML file
- Attach any Recording or Log file being used as for a screen reference, which may be found at:
c:\program files\flynet\screen tools\recordings\mapperArchive
- Provide details on how
to recreate the problem...steps taken and so on.